- Malignant and benign diseases of the thyroid gland.
- Acute and chronic arterial occlusions.
- PTX (symptoms, diagnosis, treatment).
- The symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the lung cancer.
- The symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the breast cancer.
- The symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the oesophageal cancer.
- The symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the gastro-duodenal ulcus disease.
- The complications of the gastric and duodenal ulcer disease.
- The cancer of the stomach.
- Differential diagnosis of the jaundice.
- Acute abdomen (visceral perforations, acute inflammatory diseases).
- The reasons, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the ileus.
- Pancreatitis (acute and chronic).
- Gastrointestinal bleeding, diagnosis, treatment.
- Portal hypertension.
- Symptoms and treatment of the large bowel tumors.
- The surgery of the liver.
Supervisor: György Lázár M.D., Ph.D., D.Sc.
- The complex treatment of the esophageal cancer
- The clinicum and surgery of the functional esophageal disorders
- New indications in the minimal invasive surgery
- Minimally invasiv surgery of the GI tract
- Surgery of the breast cancer
- Surgery of the IBD
Supervisor: András Petri, M.D., Ph.D., Habil.
- The surgical treatment of the focal benign liver tumors
- Complex treatment of the liver abscesses
- Surgery of the liver metastasis of the colorectal cancer
Supervisor: József Furák M.D., Ph.D.
- Surgical treatment of the lung cancer
- Prognostic factors in lung cancer
- Surgery of the mediastinum
Supervisor: Attila Paszt M.D., Ph.D.
- Surgical treatment of the recidives of the Crohn disease
- The role of neoadjuvant radio-chemotherapy in the treatment of rectum tumours
- The role of neoadjuvant radio-chemotherapy in the treatment of gastric cancer
- Complex treatment and surgical aspects of GIST
- Surgical treatment types of the stomach’s benign and malign tumours
Supervisor: Gyula Farkas M.D., Ph.D.
- The changes of surgical therapy in the treatment of CP
- The possibilities of the treatment of pancreatic cancers in the
view of the duration of symptoms
Supervisor: Zsolt Palásthy M.D., Ph.D.
- Reconstruction of visceral arteries
- Hybrid surgical treatment of lower extremity artery stenosis
- The possibilities of the treatment of aorta aneurisms
- Reconstructions of the internal carotid artery
Supervisor: Edit Szederkényi M.D., Ph.D.
- Role of patient adherence in kidney graft survival
- Incidence of urological complications after kidney transplantation
- The incidence of the malignant tumor after kidney transplantation
- Results of the marginal Kidneys transplanted patients
- Early complications after Kidney transplantation
Supervisor: Szabolcs Ábrahám M.D., Ph.D.
- Role of intraoperative endoscopy in the colorectal oncological surgery
- Theraphy of the perianal fistula in Crohn disease
- The role of ultrasound guided drainage in the theraphy of acute choletistitis
Supervisor: Zsolt Simonka M.D., Ph.D.
- Application of negative-pressure wound therapy in general surgery
- Complex surgical management of breast cancer
- Volumetric measurement and determination of breast cancer with the use of breast MRI
- Surgical management of acute abdominal diseases
Supervisor: József Hőhn M.D., Ph.D.
- Postoperative effects of Pringle maneuver after liver resections
- The importance of CT volumetry in liver surgery
- Liver resections due to primary and metastatic cancer
Supervisor: Tibor Takács M.D. Ph.D.
- The treatments of the aorto-iliac vascular disaeses
- The treatments of the inguinal vascular disaeses
Supervisor: Bernadett Borda M.D., Ph.D.
- Frequency and treatment of the anaemia after kidney transplantation
- Causes, diagnosis and presentation of the DM after kidney transplantation
Szeged, 23 January 2019
|András Petri M.D., Ph.D., Habil.||György Lázár M.D., Ph.D., D.Sc.|
|Responsible for the education||Head of Department|
Name of the subject: Surgery
Name of the Faculty announcing the course: Faculty of Medicine
Name of the Department announcing the course: DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY
Name of the lecturer announcing the course: Prof. György Lázár Head of Department
Address / Information: Prof. András Petri Deputy Director, Responsible for the Education
6725 Szeged, Semmelweis u. 8. Postal address: 6701 Szeged, Pf. 427.
Phone: (62)545-461, Fax: (62)545-701
Name of the course: Surgery
Aim of the course: Initiation of general surgery with the dentistry students, covering all the important fields. The aim of the practices: investigation of acute and chronic surgical patients.
Lecture: 2 lectures per week – Course code: FOG-MA541 –
Form of exam: examination
Practice: 1 lessons per week – Course code: FOG-MA542 –
Form of examination: signature
15 practice lessons have to be fulfilled based on individual schedules, at weekends, at the Outpatient Care Unit of Department of Surgery. Presence of students is controlled by a signed attendance sheet.
Obligatory textbooks: Ed.: Norton, Barie, Bollinger, Chang, Lowry, Mulvihill, Pass, Thompson, Shirazi: Surgery: Basic Science and Clinical Evidence (Book with CD-ROM Springer, 2000. ISBN: 038798447X
Year/semester: 4th year, 2nd semester
Subject requirement(s): Prerequisites prescribed in the Rules and Regulations of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged.
|(lectures, practices, seminars)|
|1.||Surgery of the abdominal wall||Investigation of surgical patients|
|2.||Endocrine surgery||Investigation of surgical patients|
|3.||The complex treatment of the breast cancer||Investigation of surgical patients|
|4.||Thoracic surgery||Investigation of surgical patients|
|5.||Cardiac surgery||Investigation of surgical patients|
|6.||Vascular surgery||Investigation of surgical patients|
|7.||Surgery of the stomach||Investigation of surgical patients|
|8.||Surgery of the oesophagus||Investigation of surgical patients|
|9.||Surgery of the biliary system and pancreas||Investigation of surgical patients|
|10.||Surgery of the liver, gastrointestinal bleeding||Investigation of surgical patients|
|12.||Surgery of the colon
Surgery of the rectum
|Investigation of surgical patients|
|13.||Surgery of the acute abdomen|
|14.||The origins and development of surgery||Investigation of surgical patients|
|15.||Organ transplantation||Investigation of surgical patients|
Requirements for the successful completion of the course: Attendance of the lectures is not compulsory but strictly recommended. Attendance of the practical is compulsory. Proofs of the reason of absences – not later than the week after the absence – are to be presented at the Secretariat of the Department of Surgery as stated in the Faculty Code of Study Regulations. Official time: every day 9-10 am., 14-15 pm.
The examination will be based on the lectures and the relevant chapters of the official textbook.
Forms of testing: oral examination
- MTO-s: no
- Examination at the end of the semester: oral examination
Students are required to sign up for, or postpone examinations through the NEPTUN system.
Szeged, 22 January 2020
|Dr. Petri András||Dr. Lázár György|
|egyetemi tanár||tanszékvezető egyetemi tanár|
|Time of lecture:||Wednesday 8.00-9.45 am|
|Location:||Jancsó Miklós Kollégium (Szeged, Semmelweis u. 7.) Seminar Room 3.|
|Spring Break:||10 April – 17 April 2020|
|1.||5 Febr||The surgery of the abdominal wallThe origins and development of surgery||Tibor Géczi M.D.|
|2.||12 Febr||Endocrine surgery||Prof. Gyula Farkas M.D., Ph.D., D.Sc.|
|3.||19 Febr||The complex treatment of the breast cancer||Attila Paszt M.D., Ph.D.|
|4.||26 Febr||Thoracic surgery||József Furák M.D., Ph.D.|
|5.||4 March||Cardiac surgery||Gábor Bogáts M.D., Ph.D.|
|6.||11 March||Vascular surgery||Zsolt Palásthy M.D., Ph.D.|
|7.||18 March||The surgery of the stomach||Zsolt Simonka M.D., Ph.D.|
|8.||25 March||The surgery of the oesophagus||Attila Paszt M.D., Ph.D.|
|9.||9 Apr||The surgery of the biliary system and pancreas||Gyula Farkas M.D., Ph.D.|
|10.||8 Apr||The surgery of the liver, gastrointestinal bleeding||Prof. András Petri M.D., Ph.D., Habil.|
|12.||22 Apr||The surgery of the colon
The surgery of the rectum
|József Hőhn. M.D., Ph.D.
Szabolcs Ábrahám M.D., Ph.D.
|13.||29 Apr||The surgery of the acute abdomen||Prof. András Petri M.D., Ph.D., Habil.|
|14.||6 May||The origins and development of surgery||Zsolt Simonka M.D., Ph.D.|
|15.||13 May||Organ transplantation||Edit Szederkényi M.D., Ph.D.|
2019/2020 2nd Semester
Thesis topics for dentistry students, 4th year
Thursday, 25 February 2021 @ 08:19